wmf vulnerability?

Alex Regan
Hi,
Possibly off-topic, but can I ask if people generally are blocking wmf
files? Is the WMF vulnerability from like 10 years ago still a
concern?

We quarantined a few Word docs with image1.wmf files enclosed. It's
been blocked here for many years and never really had a complaint, but
apparently today a legal firm sent a few documents with these files in
them.

Is there something they can do to save or modify their documents to
avoid this, or should I just allow these file types?