How to Bypass Specific Spamassassin Rule

How to Bypass Specific Spamassassin Rule

Siddhesh
Hi Folks,

I have multiple domains which are running after Spamassassin server.

I want to bypass one specific Spamassassin rule ie TextCat(Unwanted
Language) for one recipient domain.

Can someone please help me in achieving this requirement.

Regards,
Siddhesh

Re: How to Bypass Specific Spamassassin Rule

Kevin A. McGrail-5

On 11/15/2019 1:21 AM, KADAM, SIDDHESH wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have multiple domains which are running after Spamassassin server.
>
> I want to bypass one specific Spamassassin rule ie TextCat(Unwanted
> Language) for one recipient domain.
>
> Can someone please help me in achieving this requirement.

Off-hand, I think you would just add a rule for something like:

header   EXCLUDE_BOB    From =~ /\@bob\.com/i

describe  EXCLUDE_BOB  Offset Bob.com from Textcat Rule

score  EXCLUDE_BOB  -2.5 (or whatever the score for textcat is)

Assuming you didn't want to just use a whitelist rule.

Regards,

KAM

--
Kevin A. McGrail
[hidden email]

Member, Apache Software Foundation
https://www.linkedin.com/in/kmcgrail - 703.798.0171

Re: How to Bypass Specific Spamassassin Rule

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 15.11.19 11:51, KADAM, SIDDHESH wrote:
>I have multiple domains which are running after Spamassassin server.
>
>I want to bypass one specific Spamassassin rule ie TextCat(Unwanted
>Language) for one recipient domain.

how do you run spamassassin? with spamass-milter you can use per-recipient
ok_languages setting.

if amavis (global settings), wouldn't it be better to add that language to
ok_languages

I feel amavis can use per-destination domain rules, is you use it, maybe ask
in its list?

It's now safe to throw off your computer.

Re: How to Bypass Specific Spamassassin Rule

Henrik K

If you don't want to hit it at all for some recipient, you can try
redefining the whole UNWANTED_LANGUAGE_BODY rule into a meta.

body __UNWANTED_LANGUAGE_BODY eval:check_language()
header __UNWANTED_LANGUAGE_SKIP X-Envelope-To =~ /\@foo\.com>/i
meta UNWANTED_LANGUAGE_BODY __UNWANTED_LANGUAGE_BODY && !__UNWANTED_LANGUAGE_SKIP

Note that X-Envelope-To might be Amavis specific header..  you can check
basic To header also, but it can be faked or missing unlike envelope
address.

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 11:51:12AM +0530, KADAM, SIDDHESH wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I have multiple domains which are running after Spamassassin server.
>
> I want to bypass one specific Spamassassin rule ie TextCat(Unwanted
> Language) for one recipient domain.
>
> Can someone please help me in achieving this requirement.
>
> Regards,
> Siddhesh

Re: How to Bypass Specific Spamassassin Rule

Siddhesh
Thanks All

@Henrik It worked !!!!